Hiring a Chemist??

R.S.

Has anyone hired a chemist to design their own fragrances? If so, how did you find someone to help you? Where would one look?

I have some ideas for fragrances, and not getting what I want out from current suppliers (even by mixing fragrances together).

Probably an expensive route????

You may want to think long and hard, then do some researching before doing this. A while back one of our members ran into a problem having a scent made. I don't remember the details, but it was something along the lines that if she wasn't able to purchase a large quantity of the scent they were free to sell it to anyone. Granted, if you don't care who else can get "your" scent, it wouldn't be a problem... Just a thought..

I could see this being a problem if you go to a candle supply place like Taylored Concepts (which is local for me) and ask for a fragrance to be made.

I was thinking more along the line of hiring a chemist/perfumer to create something that I could make myself. The chemist as part of their contract would have to sign a confidentiality clause.

I am not seriously considering this because I'm just getting into this and am still testing and have not sold a single candle as of yet. Certainly couldn't provide volume to warrant this. Just thinking big, I guess :D