Never made "perfume" before, only Body Splashes.....

tarynjms

I have never made "perfume" before, only Body Splashes/Mists.....and I see that Snowdrift Farm's 30% Perfumer's and Formulator's alcohols ends today. I have no idea which to buy if I want to start testing & experimenting with perfumes/alcohol? Are we allowed to make & sell both types? I know it DOES try to explain it all on their site, but I'm still confused:undecided ??? What do most of you guys use? What do you feel are the pros & cons of either of these? Any guidance would be SO appreciated!!!! Thanks so much!!:D !

I prefer the Perfumer's Alcohol. I am just not that fond of the way Cyclo feels on the skin.

Could you suggest a place where I should order perfumers alcohol & which kind? I see Snowdrift does 2 kinds & it's sorta confusing. Thanks so much.

I like cyclomethicone much better than any body spray/perfume that contains alcohol. The cyclo makes the scent last much longer on the body.

Search on here for cyclomethicone or cyclo.

When you rub it in, it has a dry soft & silky powdery feel.

BTW - With cyclo you don't have to worry about shipping. Alcohol has shipping restrictions/requirements and usually cost more for the shipping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by
Candle Man
viewpost.gif

I like cyclomethicone much better than any body spray/perfume that contains alcohol. The cyclo makes the scent last much longer on the body.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candle Man viewpost.gif

Search on here for cyclomethicone or cyclo.

When you rub it in, it has a dry soft & silky powdery feel.

BTW - With cyclo you don't have to worry about shipping. Alcohol has shipping restrictions/requirements and usually cost more for the shipping.

I actually DO already make body sprays out of cyclo. I was just wondering about perfumers alcohol for those people that are specificallyrequesting it. And I agree with you 100%: not only is cyclo a great product to make, but with all the new alcohol/shipping restrictions, it is a no hassle-no worries product to ship as well. You make a very important point!

Yesterday 12:34 AM

From what I've read on here, though, isn't the Cyclo for body splashes/body sprays?

Don't all commercial perfumes/colognes (name brands like Dior, Gucci, Chanel, etc, etc, etc), all contain the perfumer's alcohol? Every perfume/cologne (different from a body splash) label I've ever read listed alcohol as one of it's ingredients.