CPing with creme brulee

Jeana

I recently made a batch with a mix of creme brulee, vanilla, and nutmeg FO (from Candlescience) and EO. It smelled sooooo good going into the soap, but now it smells like almonds. This is the second time I have tried vanilla in CP. The last time I made vanilla (Issaquah brand), I put Sandalwood in with it. It smelled more like almond too. It isn't horrible, but it doesn't smell like it was supposed to.

I also anticipated this batch would turn dark brown, or at least dark tan, but it hasn't changed too much at all. It is three days old. I was making it for chunks to add in another batch. The soap itself feels really nice and gentle - Olive, castor and, shortening mix.

Is this common to have scent problems with vanillas in CP?

I thought all vanillas discolored. You know if I didn't want it to turn brown, it would have. :tongue2:

Not all FOs with vanilla will turn dark. Some suppliers even advertise that their vanilla FO is non-discoloring. This one might not turn as dark or, it just could be that it needs more time. My Pink Sugar FO takes about a week to completely turn the dark color. But sometimes, it does turn color faster/slower than normal. Give it some time and it might just turn darker and the scent can change again.