Ugh - Open House Tomorrow

judyvega

It is stressing me out to not know how many people may show up - I am SUCH a worrier - I worry about not having enough or way too much refreshments (nothing big, relish tray, deli spirals, cookies) - worry about having not enough product, etc. It's driving me nuts! Can't wait until it's over! (yeah, this is my first one, can you tell?) lol

I know the feeling! I did an open house in December and was so busy, I forgot to set up the refreshments! Noone even seemed to notice. Only 10 people showed up, but those ten spent almost $600, so it was worth it.

Good luck! Take some pictures!!

Thanks on the good luck wishes - Ugh, I think I would CRY if only ten peep show up (but good for you that they were spenders!) - I have my hopes up so high - I hate when I do this to myself lol - I think the melts and ornies will be the big sellers (people love those things) - I have no idea how the aroma bead sachets will go over. I still need to think of a name for them! My melts are Fab-You-Melts, my ornies are Fab-You-Fresheners (I have a whole fabulous theme going on lol) - but I can't figure out what to call the sachets!

Good luck to you! I have my first one on May 12, and I'm stressing too! People keep ordering things that I've made for the Open House...and I keep dipping into my already done inventory :)

I hope you get tons of sales! And what about calling the sachets Fab Bags? Fab-Beads? BagOFab? Okay...obviously my creativity gene is still asleep, LOL. Best wishes to you! Let us know how it goes!!

D

Good luck to you! I have my first one on May 12, and I'm stressing too! People keep ordering things that I've made for the Open House...and I keep dipping into my already done inventory :)

I hope you get tons of sales! And what about calling the sachets Fab Bags? Fab-Beads? BagOFab? Okay...obviously my creativity gene is still asleep, LOL. Best wishes to you! Let us know how it goes!!

D

Ha, I may use Fab Bag lol - that amuses me :) Thanks for your suggestions - I'll let you know how it goes. I need a nap. :undecided

Good luck tomorrow. I haven't done an open house in about a year. What I did is set everything up in the morning about three hours before people got there. I had cookies, coffee and pop for refreshments. It was in August so it was warm and I just did something light.

I made sure that I invited everyone I could think of. I sent out the invitations which I invited 30 people. 5 showed up and they spent $318.. Which I thought was really good for the small amount of people that came. You will do fine and take a deep breath and sit down and relax for a couple of minutes.

Let us know how you do!

Just wishing you luck today. I hope you had a good night's sleep last night! You will do great!

Thanks Deb - nope, no sleep - right now I am (um, aside from posting) pouring melts, wicking, packaging, labeling, printing cards, etc. It's not until 2:00 this afternoon, so I think I'll be all ready. :) <crossing fingers>

I'm not sure if your open house is past or happening this afternoon(I keep resetting the clock on here and the next time I come back, it's gone whacky!:cry2: ), but I believe you will do very well. If I was nearer, I'd crash it just to get my hands on some of those gorgeous pillars you make! I think your guests will "swoon" over them! Best of luck...;)

Well, it wasn't what I had hoped it would be - out of about 80 people invited, FOURTEEN showed. :undecided A couple of hundred in sales...

Today was the nicest day weather-wise that we've had in months, so I feel that factored in..

On the bright side, I think I have a few repeat customers from now on, and they will help spread the word.

I need sleep. lol

Im glad you did good. I have my first ever, large set up besides my store displays may the 12th and im am soooo nervous. I've got sooo much money in it. 25$ to set up, 100$ for tent, all the supplies, packaging .... so far ive got near 500$ into this show including all the product supplies. If i make back the 500$ ill be happy, heck, if i make 125$ ill be happy.

I'm sorry you didn't get to many people showing up. That stinks. I'm glad you did have some sales though. Hope the rest of your weekend went well!

D

Thanks - yes, it did stink, big time! I play bunco once a month, and when it's at our house (two times a year), my prize is candles, which they all seem to love, but none of them even showed up. So I'm bitter lol. No more giving them away as prizes! :tongue2:

I'm so sorry it didn't turn out as expected. It seems that open houses/parties seem to be better in the fall and holiday season. A lot of what I sold at my open house was for teacher gifts, etc.

Did you take any pictures? I wanna see!!!

I'm so sorry it didn't turn out as expected. It seems that open houses/parties seem to be better in the fall and holiday season. A lot of what I sold at my open house was for teacher gifts, etc.

Did you take any pictures? I wanna see!!!

Trish, I only took one pic, and that was AFTER (because I knew you wanted to see lol). I wanted to take some before, but it was impossible. I had printer issues that morning which set me back an hour and a half and then the first guests arrived half an hour early and I was just so freaking behind. Please keep in mind when you look at this that there were more candles on the table at the start, and they were in nice neat rows by scent radiating out from the ornie tree. The card table had melts and warmers on it. I do have a riser, but didn't see the need to use it for this particular function. I had no prob selling stuff to peep once they were here (most didn't have a lot to spend, though, which I understand, but I think most of them will be repeat customers now) it's just that no one showed up. Oh well - now on to some different strategies!

ets: well crap, I guess I'll attach the pic lol

post-278-139458425072_thumb.jpg

Guest EMercier

It's OK, some money is better than none at all! I'm still wanting to do one. Maybe I can do one in the winter. I wanted to do one in the spring, but since my "workshop" is in my dinning room and has been trying to spill over into my living room, I don't have the space. Hopefully I can make enough soon to get my basement done to move everything downstairs. I'll eat PB & J if I have to.

You'll get them next time!

Judy

Do you offer a gift if they bring a friend? When I did party plan, It was a big attendance booster.

Your product setup looks nice:smiley2:

Mari

http://everlastingimage.vstore.ca/

No, did not offer a gift if they brought a friend - did tell everyone there was a fabulous door prize to be drawn for (it really was nice) - I'll keep the free gift in mind if I do it again - so do you give it to just the one who brought the friend, or to the friend also?