Peaks new Pillar Blend

Since we have a thread on the container blend I thought I'd ask/post about reviews for the Pillar Blend..

I've made one batch of candy corn pillars (cone size 7 oz each final product) and a batch of votives with the left over wax from the pillars.

I haven't burned the pillars yet, but the finished candle is very smooth (no additives added at all) and the cold throw is VERY GOOD.. I just love the way it looks!!

The votives-well, those are something else. I made I think I ended up with 7 of them total, and even though I was doing layers, when it came to the final layer, I STILL had to do 2 top-off repours, and after looking closer at them this morning (made them yesterday) you can see a rigid jump line where the final pour was..

I'm burning one of the votives this morning, and the scent throw is AWESOME, but a 36 (what I normally use with 4794) is too small, so I'm gonna have to go up to a 44 next.

I think I'm gonna LOVE it for my pillars (after testing wicks) but not so much for votives. I don't know. I may just need to work with it some more with votives. :)

HTH someone wondering about it. :)

I am getting excited about their votive wax when it comes out. :yay:

Oh they are gonna have a votive blend??? PERFECT!! I thought they were just gonna have the pillar blend be used for both.. That's good to hear that they will have a seperate one!! YAY

I got their straight paraffin wax also, but haven't started playing with it yet. The only thing I really used to use the 1343 for was carving, so that's mainly what I bought this for. But I think I do want to try some rustics with it. I used to use the 4625 for my rustics and never had a problem.. But not sure if this new pillar blend will be able to make a rustic, so am gonna try with the straight paraffin..

LOL was that a mouthful or what?? lol