Colour question - green

I want to make a lightish watermelon green. I have 2, one is moss green, two dark and brownish/grey tint, the other is chartruse, which is closer, but I need to make it lighter.

Is there any colour I can add to the chartruse to make it lighter?

thanks

For a lighter green, I start with yellow, then add darker green to it just a touch at a time. I use a toothpick to put just a small tinge of green into the yellow to come up with the color I want. I have been able to get lime green and also a nice grassy green this way. ( I used yellow and hunter green)

Hope this helps:cool2:

add blue that will take the lime away.

In the future use blue and yellow. Equal amounts of blue and yellow make a wonderful true green. If you need true green but just a really light version (like watermelon) use less dye but still in equal parts. If you are using the blocks, put a some in a small bit of wax, let that set up then break pieces off. That will dilute the original color for you.

Find a good color wheel. You can make any color of the rainbow with just blue, yellow, red and black.

Dat

You wont know what the true color is untill the wax cools.

Color in melted wax is lighter than colled wax. A drip of wax on white paper WILL NOT give you the finished color, close but not exact. You need to pour up a sample in a paper dixie cup, then when the wax cools just peal off the cup. This way you will know the exact color of the wax.

You wont know what the true color is untill the wax cools.

Color in melted wax is lighter than colled wax. A drip of wax on white paper WILL NOT give you the finished color, close but not exact. You need to pour up a sample in a paper dixie cup, then when the wax cools just peal off the cup. This way you will know the exact color of the wax.

I agree with that. I was looking for a dark green. I would test a spot of wax on the counter and think that's not dark enough and add more blue. When I poured the candle all was fine until the candle set - it was near enough black!!!!