if in need can you "paint"...

a picture using wax on a hurricane shell? Like say you made the shell and forgot to put the picture in it...(dont ask..lol...watching the hockey game distracts me!!) can you dip it in wax stick it to the cane and using a brush of some sort 'paint' it on with wax..? Do I make sense..probably not...lol...any help? Thanks :o :undecided

If it's what I'm thinking of - yes.

Many, many moons ago we used to dip our "pictures" in really hot wax (180) and immediately lay it on the candle. The heat from the wax on the "picture" would melt and bond with the underlying candle and, because the wax was so hot, it would only coat the "picture" with a very thin see-through coating.

Hope this helps!

I did that to thousands of candles. The problem I had is that if it is a hurricane and you don't have it on EXACTLY....the spots that did adhere will show up when you light it. But....again....if you really want to know...try it and see what happens...you can always peel it off and start over.

Donita Louise

Thank gawd you came to my post Donita....lol...I always look for your advice!!! I have 20 of these hurricanes to make and last night I made 2 and forgot to add the pic.....duh...so now I want to add it after. Can I overdip it in the wax (the whole candle)? Or just dip the candle and then hope it sticks....what did you use to smooth the candle on with?? Thanks again.....

I did that to thousands of candles. The problem I had is that if it is a hurricane and you don't have it on EXACTLY....the spots that did adhere will show up when you light it. But....again....if you really want to know...try it and see what happens...you can always peel it off and start over.

Donita Louise

What did you use to smooth it on? I was thinking a popsicle stick? Just to stick the edges down. Also do you need to or could you spray something on it to make sure it sticks, like a finish?