critter soaps

cowgirl

Yesterday I made critter soaps (lizards) in bars and wanted to do something different so I added a tad of OO to the clear base just to see what would happen. It has a slight cast to it, which I knew it would. Anyway you can still see the lizard pretty good and I am thinking about calling it

'critter swamp soap' or 'swamp soap' something like that lol. I know its probably a stupid idea as many of mine are but out here in the boonies it just might go over with the kids. Who knows but I am gonna try it. Never hurts to try

ok i will post a pic I have to go get my cam and i need to pick up my taxes today so when I get back i will do that. it will be late in the afternoon tho. I am having way too much fun with the critters

but for right now i need to get some coffee in me and wake up i worked last night and i am dead tired

Ok I can only get one pic to look 1/2 way decent and then I had to go outside and take the pic

What I did in this pic is I cut up chunks of soap and put them in the bottom of my mold then laid the lizard on top of the chunks and did an overpour. It doesn't look like it in the photo but in person it looks like he is sitting on rocks. I made sure some of the chunks stuck out the top too representing rocks. Also, I didn't melt the overpour all the way so it has like darker spots throughout which makes it look like a pond or creek he is in. This one is just plain soap no OO to make it darker

I know sounds gay but it really does look better in person

post-6331-139458424006_thumb.jpg

Since I don't make "real" soap, I may be all wrong here, but my first reaction to your question "What is OO" is that you don't watch enough Rachael Ray!! Otherwise you'd immediately think "EVOO--extra virgin olive oil," :grin2: so I'm assuming that OO is olive oil.

You experienced soapers, am I all wrong here?

Jane

Oh, she's the biggest sensation on the Food Network at the present time. Currently she has 3 Food Network shows and a talk show on one of the major networks (CBS, ABC, or NBC). Since I work during the day I only catch her occasionally, but my daughter LOVES the Food Network so she keeps me updated. And she's always talking about using "EVOO" but the acronym does her absolutely no good--she always explains it as "Extra Virgin Olive Oil," so that's a point I hear people at work griping about--that's why it struck me.

Many of us who are addicted to the soap and candle world don't have time to cook so we may be out of the loop!

Ok, had to google her. *L* I don't have TV channels. I don't have telephone poles where I live, so the 60 bucks a month I pay for internet is more than enough for my entertainment. I would have been smarter to just keep cable instead, it was cheaper than me on this net ordering stuff! *lol*