My new mold and cutter

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

I've been using these for a little bit now. I just had to show you all. I took the plunge and bought these two from FCS. Can I just say I don't know what took me so long to buy these. I LOVE THEM. It's very easy to cut and mold. Worth the investment!

Just wanted to add that I'd been using wooden slab molds I made as well as a straight cutter and it took too long! I'm in the process of getting my mom to make me some molds like this one so that I can do more at once. She does woodworking and has a router.

post-441-139458423909_thumb.jpg

post-441-139458423911_thumb.jpg

Guest EMercier

I love that cutter so much I kept telling the same people over and over about it and I know they didn't care. I would take some time to cut, but I just pull my logs out of my mold (12lbs) and cut. When I first used the cutter, I just sat back and just thought, "Hmmm, I don't have anything else to do." It's so much easier! My bars still come out the same size as before (a little thicker), but I don't have to do so much leveling and use a straight edge. I just place it on the cutter and that's it! It does take a bit of time when I cut the Oatmeal, Refreshing, and Lavendar soap as it has dried herbs and oatmeal in them.

GET THE MOLD! - I used some of my tax refund to get them both.

Guest EMercier

That cutter is awesome, I hope to get one soon! I think it cuts the bars at 1" but I'm pretty sure I read that you can have pay like $30 extra and they will make it custom to the thickness you desire..:grin2:

Sharon

That cutter is awesome, I hope to get one soon! I think it cuts the bars at 1" but I'm pretty sure I read that you can have pay like $30 extra and they will make it custom to the thickness you desire..:grin2:

Sharon

They will. Unfortunately they also charge $15 per extra wire on the log splitter of which I want an extra three. So for the 3 pieces it's pretty close to $600 but really it seems worth it if they are as good as everyone says.

Guest EMercier

They do cut about 1" thick. I believe it's well worth the almost $300 investment I made. It does save you time and for me it saved energy. People love my soap, but I felt it wasn't worth it. Now I could make soap everyday.