SW..White Lilac.. :(

Lady_Sudz

I soaped SW White lilac..Smells awesome..:grin2:

But It Seized..and riced really Bad...:cry2: Barely Got it in the mold...I soaped at RT..

I don't get it...Was the description wrong? Or was it soap fairies?? Have Anyone soaped it? what was it like?

I am soo bummed out! :cry2::cry2:

Thanks for letting me vent!:undecided

Most florals are notorius for seizing on you. I've never soaped this one, but it was next on my list to buy and try in my hunt for a great lilac in CP. So far all of them I have soaped, moved quickly and the scent doesn't hold like I would like.

I do pretty good with my florals when I soap around 90-100 degrees. What temps did you soap at? Did you use oils and butters too that are fast tracers?

I soaped room temp..

Hehehe ..This is the first lilac I Tried to soap..I used Palm..OO and Co..

So the Palm may have helped it trace...but..:(

I thik I am gonna have to try Ice Baths..I really need to find a good Lilac..and I was soooo excited that this was not supposed to accel..

It would prob work in a RT Castile..

hmm..I don't wanna wast anymore scent....If it is not going to work...:undecided

Even when a company states that an FO doesn't seize doesn't mean it won't seize on you or give you problems. SW's Moonlit Honeysuckle is supposed to seize horribly yet when I soaped it, I had absolutely no problems whatsoever. Soaped like a dream. Go figure. :undecided

When you say you soaped it RT, do you mean both the lye water and the oils had cooled down to the temp of the room before you added the lye to the oils?

You might try adding your fo in with the rest of the oils, before adding lye, rather than waiting until trace to add the fo. Sometimes that helps give you a little more time.

Lilac does move a bit fast, but it never rices or actually seizes on me. I soap it cool.

Edited to add: If all else fails, you might want to consider HP'ing this one.