Adding Logo to Candle

xclr8tn

Hello,

I'm a student at Kent State University. I'm taking a class where we had to start a business and sell whatever product we produced. The reason I'm here is because we chose candles! We think that we have the pouring down and our candles are turning out ok. The problem now is getting a logo on the candle. I was put in charge of this. We bought some "clear" labels from Staples to stick on the candles, and they do stick well, but they are not completely clear. It looks bad on a blue candle. So now I come to you for suggestions.

-Is it bad to stick a label directly on the candle?

-Would it be really bad to spray paint a logo on the candle?

-What other methods has everyone else used?

We are running out of time and will take any suggestions!! Our candles are 3" round and 6" high by the way....

Thanks in advance,

Jessica :)

I'm assuming you are talking about pillars... You may want to print your logo and other information on a sheet of card stock, cut it out and tie it around the center of the pillar with a piece of raffia, ribbon, etc. HTH

several thoughts, don't know how many you need, but you can get labels from onlinelabels.com. they are crystal clear, and can be bought for laser of injet. You have to buy a lot though. How many do you need? Another thought would be a cardstock type band to wrap around your candle with all your info on it. HTH

I've seen a lot of candles that have paper labels (like a cigar band around a bar of soap) around the pillar. It's removed before burning. I've seen all kinds of paper used. From a simple kraft, to fancy printed, and elegant vellum. There are a lot of options here.

You can get clear labels at www.labelsbythesheet.com , but for pillars, I'd get some heavy cardstock paper, print your logo and candle info on it in landscape (depending on your candle diameter), use craft scissors with the uneven jagged edges to cut them out and use rubber cement to glue the ends of the band together.

HTH!

-Kristi

if you elect to go with crystal clear labels, try labelsbythesheet.com you can buy just one sheet to test - although you pay a lot more for shipping than you do the one page...

I use them - although I shrink-wrap my pillar first before applying the label. :)

if you elect to go with crystal clear labels, try labelsbythesheet.com you can buy just one sheet to test - although you pay a lot more for shipping than you do the one page...

I use them - although I shrink-wrap my pillar first before applying the label. :)

Is the shrink wrap for shipping purposes or is it able to remain on the candle during burning? I saw shrink wrap for the candles but assumed it was packaging that came off before burning.

Thank you everyone for the ideas, keep em coming! :D

Oh, mercy- packaging only!!!! scary thought leaving it on!

-Kristi

Is the shrink wrap for shipping purposes or is it able to remain on the candle during burning? I saw shrink wrap for the candles but assumed it was packaging that came off before burning.

Thank you everyone for the ideas, keep em coming! :D

Dont know if you are wanting to leave the logo on while candle will be burning,,but IF you are,,try printing on tissue paper with just your reg. inkjet printer,,after it has dried for maybe 5/10 minutes spray with a product call Fixative,,and then cut out logo, leaving a bit of a margin around it,,attach the paper with straight pins and using heat gun,,but not to close,,you can actually melt the paper into the candle,,and when it burns it will be fine..hth

littleshote

I'm assuming you have test burned these candles to make sure they have the proper wick, melt pool, etc..........................................................

Before thinking about packaging, right?????

I personally don't make pillars but what type of packaging appeals to me is the cigar band. And since your not that knowledgable about shrink wrap I would stay away from it.

Mindy