Another Salt Bar Question

sudsy

I have never made a salt bar, but my curiousity is piqued now. Here's the question, I usually do HP, is is possible to do HP with a salt bar? I was thinking of adding the salt after trace and letting it cook since I assumed that the properties of the salt bar have something to do with the chemistry of the lye and salt mixing. Am I wrong? Should I add it after the cook??? Please help! Thanks.

There is a recipe at soapgoods.com with salt added to water before adding lye to it.

Check itout

when you get there click on soap molds and page down until you come to soap recipes, it will be way down the page.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for

Hope this is helpful

Kathy

:grin2:

I definately would not add the salt to the lye solution, that is for making a harder bar and you only add a teaspoon. It is not to make salt bars with. I have never done it with HP but I have read that you can do it and add salt after cook and fo are added. Make sure you cut them about 1/2 hour after you put them in the mold other wise they will be hard and crumble.