Reviews of Daystar Deamy Desserts

KukiKat

I just finished testing these scents and can you say yummo??? I am loving all of them!

I suck at reviews, so bear with me here. I am using ky 125 and ky 50/50 votive pillar wax for tarts.

Rating on a 1-10, 10 being excellent.

Petit Choux---this is a beautiful rosewater cake scent, I make one myself and the FO truly captures the fragrance well. Very strong in soy and beyond strong in tarts. I give this a 10+++

Violet Dipped Chiffon Cakes---Another wonderful high end scent from Stacy. I love this one too. It is very rich and decadent, you smell bakery and a hint of violet---reminds me of petit fours served at our tea shoppe in town. 9+

Orange and Buttermilk Parfait---I didn't know what i thought out of bottle, but in wax it just blossomed and has so many layers. I smell the buttermilk and the orange is just dynamite. It is very rich, not at all your typical orange chiffon type scent, very sophisticated 10+++

Cherry Meringue Bites---Delicious cherry scent, like a divinity or something. Very rich, not too strong on the cherry side, the vanilla really balances it out. Different from a cherry vanilla to my nose, I love it too. 10+++

Baked Cherry Delight---OMG--you hit the mother load here! This is like a really strong cherry cobbler or something, with lots of layers. I cannot describe it well enough, but it is excellent in candles and tarts, the tart filled my entire house in less than 5 minutes. 10+++

Ile Flotante---This is so lovely, very strong on the pistachio, but different from the pistachio ice cream (another DS fave for me) I cannot get enough of this one---very strong in candles and tarts. 10++++

These are really good, I highly recommend them! Very unusual scents.....well not the cherry ones, but they are really yummy though! I also have the green tea souffle but have not tested it yet.....still going on the cherry meringue bites, yumm.

I never have a problem with the more expensive scents----I use SW, WYW, etc, and I feel these DS scents are of the same quality. I don't sell much wholesale, (but do have a couple boutiques that I sell candles in), and I mark up the more expensive oils according to price, and call it my premium line. They sell great.

JMO, but in soy, I was very disappointed with the violet dipped chiffon cakes. The strength was okay, but didn't wow me, even at 10%; but it's the scent that I found disappointing - reminded me way too much of the baby powder scent that so many supplies have. The name just doesn't fit the scent, IMO.

Yesterday, I attempted a chunk candle with Ile Flottante green chunks and Got Milk poured over it. Didn't look too great because the soy chunks were too soft but it smelled awesome! I thought the Got Milk would smell just like B&BW White Cream candle but it smells like another vanilla to me. It's good just not what I was hoping for. I love that White Cream candle!

JMO, but in soy, I was very disappointed with the violet dipped chiffon cakes. The strength was okay, but didn't wow me, even at 10%; but it's the scent that I found disappointing - reminded me way too much of the baby powder scent that so many supplies have. The name just doesn't fit the scent, IMO.

Wow, baby powder....I don't smell that at all...it's very sweet to me and strong in parasoy. I think the scent is right on.

Wow, baby powder....I don't smell that at all...it's very sweet to me and strong in parasoy. I think the scent is right on.
I agree, very sweet bakery scent, really good. Although sometimes other scents smell off to me and other folks love them.

Katie, can you compare this vanilla to any other vanilla you've tried? I'm a succer for vanillas and I was wondering what this one smelled like. From the description it kind of sounded like Vanilla Bliss from Snowtop.

Missy