Votive bags by Cierra

I am using dixie cups. These are the ones they list as the votive bags. I don't understand why my votives aren't fitting. They are the usual size. Anyone use these? Just got them in today and I have to slit the top and really push them in. I'm disappointed and also disappointed because there is no one to talk to. They want you to leave a message.

cellobags100.jpg

I make Dixie Cup votives & use the 4x6 bags sold at Hobby Lobby in the jewelry section. They have a ziplock top, but I just slice those off. I think they may sell these at Wal-Mart, but I've never looked. I say this because I was lucky enough to find these in bulk at a salvage sale by a trucking firm that has unclaimed/damaged freight. One of their major customers is Wal-Mart, so makes me think that was the original shipping destination. Even at retail they're reasonably priced to use as packaging.

Susan.

Please excuse my ignorance but are you actually pouring wax into a dixie cup or is there a mold that is dixie cup size? I just started reading about dixie cup votives a couple of days ago but I'm confused as to how they are made. TIA

NancyT

I make Dixie Cup votives & use the 4x6 bags sold at Hobby Lobby in the jewelry section. They have a ziplock top, but I just slice those off. I think they may sell these at Wal-Mart, but I've never looked. I say this because I was lucky enough to find these in bulk at a salvage sale by a trucking firm that has unclaimed/damaged freight. One of their major customers is Wal-Mart, so makes me think that was the original shipping destination. Even at retail they're reasonably priced to use as packaging.

Susan.

Thanks, Susan. That would work for me as I don't want to pay shipping again.

Do you know if the bags are poly-pro?

Please excuse my ignorance but are you actually pouring wax into a dixie cup or is there a mold that is dixie cup size? I just started reading about dixie cup votives a couple of days ago but I'm confused as to how they are made. TIA

NancyT

Yes, Nancy. I buy the 3oz dixie cups. They are excellent and look very pretty. My husband drilled holes in some popsickle sticks. That's what I use to anchor the wicks.

I was never able to find out what the bags are made from, but I've used the same bags for about 3 yrs now & they don't suck the scent out of the candles. I display my candles in glass AH cracker jars, so that may help hold the scent better. They don't feel like Ziplock Baggies, so I THINK they're right. Also, go to hobbylobby.com & sign up for their weekly email & you can print the 40% off coupon & use that to cut down your cost.

Susan

I was never able to find out what the bags are made from, but I've used the same bags for about 3 yrs now & they don't suck the scent out of the candles. I display my candles in glass AH cracker jars, so that may help hold the scent better. They don't feel like Ziplock Baggies, so I THINK they're right. Also, go to hobbylobby.com & sign up for their weekly email & you can print the 40% off coupon & use that to cut down your cost.

Susan

Thanks, Susan. I am on the Hobby Lobby mailer and was thinking of it while reading your post. They have their Wilton stuff on sale this week, which I love to purchase. I guess next week will be the 40% off.

Thanks for letting me know how long you've been using them. That does help and I am also using glass jars for my votives.

Thanks again!