soy wax for clamshells

Any one pour soy will work. I personally use a blended soy and use 75% container and 25% pillar mix. Some of the container wax is sooo soft. It seems the pillar addition makes snapping the little blocks easier. The ratio doesn't seem to increase the melt temp that much.

I pour almost to the top of the clamshell - not just the compartments so I do caution my customers to remove the block from the clamshell and put it in a paper towel to snap them apart. The towel catches the little flakes and prevents the oils from getting on their hands.

I was using the KY 125 wax for my clamshells. They aren't too soft and pop out easily. If you separate out soy and just add a little steric acid to your soy, it will make them harder and you don't have to have the expense of keeping 2 waxes there to mix.

I am currently testing GB 444 and its a perfect wax for tarts. Because of the universal additive in it, the wax is a little harder than 100% soy. I also used the GB 415 and it was fine for tarts.

My observation is if the soy has a melt point of 125 or higher, the wax is a little harder and can be used easily for tarts in the clamshells, fluted tart molds or even in silicone mini muffin pans (which I use too) with out any problems.

Hope this helps some!

Jami

I agree with Jami, I also use 444 with a little 416 added. It comes out of the clamshells very nice, could be harder but I don't want to add much more to my mix. My HT is awesome.

I have some 416 and didn't even think about adding that to the 444. How much do you add to yours?

I agree the HT is awesome on it for tarts! Even my 415 soy has a great cold and hot throw from what I have tested over the past week in my jars.

I think I found my new favorite wax :yay: lol

Jami

Most of the time, I use my C-3 in my clamshells. I just got some KY tart wax and I'm experimenting with that right now. All of my customers love my tarts and they are done in C-3, so why am I messing with a good thing. I don't know! Just thought I would see if they could be stronger.

Most of the time, I use my C-3 in my clamshells. I just got some KY tart wax and I'm experimenting with that right now. All of my customers love my tarts and they are done in C-3, so why am I messing with a good thing. I don't know! Just thought I would see if they could be stronger.

I use a combination of C-3 and V-1 which is the votive wax.

Fire