Vendor for soap box packaging?

cbv1

I have a dillemma. I normally package my bar soap very simply, is it almost naked. I wrap in twine and add a hang tag. This is fine for my internet sales. But, if I approach a store to see if they want to sell my product I think they are turned off by the nakedness of my soap. I thought maybe for store sales I need to put my soap in a box. The boxes would also fit nicer on a shelf. I at one time saw some boxes on a supplier website but for the life of me I can't remember who the vendor is. The boxes have a cutout in them so you can see the soap inside. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

I also saw the thread with the debate about naked soap versus packaged soap and there was great info in that thread. Most naked soap is wrapped in some form, tissue, cello, wax paper deli bags, at point of sale. But if I am not the one selling it in the store I feel I need to package this better so people don't go "ewwwwww, others have touched and sniffed the soap!".

Bittercreek has them http://secure.candlesupply.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?queries_index=index7&title_bar=Kraft%20Brown%20Soap%20Boxes&recordno=11&Product_CatalogID=2819&ProductCodeID=48&ProductSubCodeID=89&NewProduct=0

I know a few other places have them, but I can't remember who they are right now!

Steph

P.S. I have about 5 of the BC boxes if you want to try them. Just pay shipping!

Thank you! Now that I have gone to all the suggested sites I remember these soap boxes on Scent Works. I just couldn't remember where I saw them before. They are all very nice and I thank all of you for your help! :yay:

Most of my soaps will fit in these boxes, if I slice them from a log, or slab. There is one mold I use that makes chunkier bars so they are 1 1/2 inches thick. I can't find any soap boxes to accomodate these bars. The info on these molds: http://missionpeaksoap.com/equipment.htm#mold_slide_show says each bar measures 3" x 2 1/8th" x 1 3/8th" but mine are more like 3" x 2 1/8th" x 1 1/2" because I make a 12 lb batch and pour into 2 molds. I am not always exactly accurate in making both molds even so one may be a little thick than the other.

I have looked at all the soap box vendors and their soap boxes all seem to be 2 3/8" X 3 1/4" X 1 1/8" or less.

I may have to go another route if I can't use the soap boxes for all my soaps. If they are in a store I want to be consistent in the packaging..... :confused:

You can contact the owner Pam from Box Bliss via email. We have recently begun corresponding as she will do custom packaging in addition to the standard stuff she makes.

Might be worth a try if you can't locate a readily available source...

Most of my soaps will fit in these boxes, if I slice them from a log, or slab. There is one mold I use that makes chunkier bars so they are 1 1/2 inches thick. I can't find any soap boxes to accomodate these bars. The info on these molds: http://missionpeaksoap.com/equipment.htm#mold_slide_show says each bar measures 3" x 2 1/8th" x 1 3/8th" but mine are more like 3" x 2 1/8th" x 1 1/2" because I make a 12 lb batch and pour into 2 molds. I am not always exactly accurate in making both molds even so one may be a little thick than the other.

I have looked at all the soap box vendors and their soap boxes all seem to be 2 3/8" X 3 1/4" X 1 1/8" or less.

I may have to go another route if I can't use the soap boxes for all my soaps. If they are in a store I want to be consistent in the packaging..... :confused:

What if you made a paper label on nice paper or cardstock (I use parchment or linen paper). Cut it wide enought to cover your soap leaving the ends open so customers could still smell it. It's cheaper and people will likey just touch the label, not the soap.

Works for me and MUCH cheaper than the boxes.

Also you could go into shrink wrapping with the ends open just enough to smell the soap through. Again cheaper as well - less labor intensive than the paper labels - you can just slap a sticker type label on the front! When I get into higher volume I think I will switch to this.

Bethany

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions!

I am thinking of maybe going with the shrink wrap on MMS where the ends are open, but before I shrink them I can put a label that is a business card size on top of the soap, then put the shrink wrap over the label and soap. Now, I just have to figure out how to make the labels. I haven't had any experince with making business cards or labels so I guess I better get cracking!

Thanks again everyone!