Ewax .vs. BTMS

Kimberly

yes, they really are quite different. i no longer use ewax...will never go back after having used btms (i use btms-50). btms gives such a nice powdery finish and also adds a conditioning element that ewax does not.

the herbarie sells both if you want to read the difference between them. also...i don't know if i can say this or not, but on the dish there was a discussion about the difference between btms and btms-50...very informative. mods, please let me know if i should edit that out.

yes, they really are quite different. i no longer use ewax...will never go back after having used btms (i use btms-50). btms gives such a nice powdery finish and also adds a conditioning element that ewax does not.

the herbarie sells both if you want to read the difference between them. also...i don't know if i can say this or not, but on the dish there was a discussion about the difference between btms and btms-50...very informative. mods, please let me know if i should edit that out.

Thank you so much!

I will go and search that topic on the Dish. I read over there but dont post a whole lot at all. Thanks Again.

I got an information sheet when I ordered some BTMS. It said to add the percentage of ewax and stearic and then half it to get the amount of BTMS to use by itself. I tried that with my emulsified scrub and the darned thing just would not form an emulsion. I ended up adding some ewax until the emulsion held and was extremely happy with the result of using them both together. I have not tried the BTMS in my lotions yet, it might hold a smaller percentage of oil together better.