Wicking Harmony Blend 4630 - Help! Help!

Ginger

I haven't poured much over the summer months and have become mentally challenged on what I thought I had read about wicking the Harmony Blend. Can't find it in a search either! So, sorry in advance if this is repetitive!

As I recall, I had read on the board that wicking the Harmony Blend is just like wicking J223. Very, very similar to work with, but less wet spots.

I plan to start testing it in 4" diam apoth jars and 3.5" keepsake jars with zinc wicks, although I also have HTP wicks on hand.

Does double wicking the apoth with 51 z and single wicking the keepsake with a 60z sound like a good place to start? IGI suggests HTP wicks however.

Would appreciate any suggestions from those using Harmony Blend! :D

Thanks!

Ginger

I double wick usually with HTP 93...seems some might even need 83's. Have not tried any zincs in this wax. Good luck!

Hi, Trish - You had pm'd me back in the summer that you use HTPs with the HB. I use HTPs with my 4627 (which I know you hate!), but sounds like the HB doesn't have to wicked up as much as the 4627. I'm mostly using double 104's in my 4" apoths poured with the 4627. Was never able to successfully single wick the apoths in 4627. I pour the keepsakes with J223, but still hate the wet spots. (I've NEVER learned to embrace them.........)

I'm happy with the J223 except for the wet spots. Does the Harmony Blend develop LESS wet spots than the J223?

Guess I'll start testing tonight.

If anyone else has any opinions or results on the Harmony Blend, please jump right on in here! :P

Thanks,

Ginger