Help me find a recipe?

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and have learned a lot from reading all of your posts. I have a question about recipes.

The first few batches I made (I'm doing CPHP) were great but get goopy and snotty in the shower. I realized that they were too high in olive oil and probably need a few months to cure (it's been 1 month). So yesterday I made a bar with less olive and more coconut, but while I was searching today realized that I shouldn't be using more than 20-30% coconut because it can be drying. (my recipe yesterday was almost 50% coconut) That said, what proportion of olive and coconut would you suggest for a bar that doesn't get goopy, but isn't drying? I'd like to make a bar with a consistency similar to Zum soap--they list their ingredients as coconut, palm, olive and castor.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hi, I've never used Zum soap, but the ingredients are usually listed in order of quantity, so there would be the highest % of coconut, and the lowest of castor. For a simple recipe, maybe try 30 % each of palm, coconut and olive, and 10% castor. Olive oil adds mildness, palm helps make a bar harder and coconut is good for lather. Castor also I think aids in lather. Do a lot more research, there are a lot of good soap sites, look at Kathy Miller's site.