My Website...opinions please

Hello to all. I have been away from the boards for awhile working on my website. I have missed you all and your wealth of info.

Being new to websites, this task took a little longer than anticipated. I am excited to be done with it and want opinions from you all. Please check it out and let me know what you all think of it, honestly.

www.earthscentscompany.com

:D

I think your products look nice.

I was not crazy about the top of the page full of adverts and I had quite a few pop-up ads. IMO, you need to put a disclaimer on the Soy Body Candle as well. The bottom of the index page could be on another page, I think it's too much verbiage for a front page, it overshadows the product line. All in all, a few fixes would make it look much better.

Please do not think I am being harsh, I am being honest.

Congrats on getting your website completed. :highfive:

I think that your products look nice.

I too, was not fond of all of the pop-ups.

IMO- I would re-word some of your 'claims' about the oils and butters that you use.

From your website:

'Jojoba Oil is good for arthritis and rheumatism and has natural antioxident properties.'

If you still wanted to note what the benefits are I would state that 'Jojoba Oil is believed to aid in arthritis and rheumatism and has natural antioxident properties.'

I personally stay away from claims because it can get you in some legal trouble unless you word it just right.

Congrats on getting it up and running! I know how time consuming that it is!

Jennifer

Good point about the oils and butters. I am planning on getting all the little bugs with it worked out in the next few days. The pop ups are very annoying I know and I cant get ride of 'em. My camera is not too good and it bugs me that there are some pics on there that I know could be better. I am so new to this and am learning web design as I go. It's been crazy and challenging but I do like challenge. Thank you all for the feedback. I welcome it with open arms.

:wink2:

i will add something about pics, they are not so bad but you could try to make them lighter, they are too big files to put on a web page.

I have a very fast connection but it took a bit to load your images.

anyway, congrats! The first big step is done!

I just finished my website and learned that your pages shouldn't be wider than 800.......I noticed on your first page, the bath & body link is only showing "bath &" and then in the middle of page is has the word "body"

It took some time for your pics to load......you may want to resize these so they load faster.

Overall, I think you did a great job! Just a few tweaks here and there and believe me, I know what you're going through......It took me about a week to fix all the suggestions I got. Keep at it.....it's looking great!