Votive Containers

I use a 3 drawer container from walmart. its made by Sterilite and made with poly-p so it won't suck the scent from the candles. I use them also for the craft shows i do and they fit right into a 13 gallon kitchen garbage bag for easy carrying. I had a scent one spring that didnt sell to good and the following year they were just as fragrant.

I use a 3 drawer container from walmart. its made by Sterilite and made with poly-p so it won't suck the scent from the candles. I use them also for the craft shows i do and they fit right into a 13 gallon kitchen garbage bag for easy carrying. I had a scent one spring that didnt sell to good and the following year they were just as fragrant.

Thanks for this post. I just bought a 3-drawer container by Sterilite. I have been putting my votives in those huge glass jars they sell pickles in.

How did you know it was poly-p?

Another question. Do you mix your votive scents in the same drawer or do you have to keep them separate? I guess I would keep them in the Dixie cups until I wanted to sell them.

TIA!

I have just purchased a 8" impulse sealer with cutter on line and I have a heat gun (real cheap $ 9.99) from harbor Freight and I will seal my votives this week. So poly-p won't suck the scent out of the candles? I had considered the carry case tray from Walmart ( The lid with bag handles you can carry lots of cup cakes in) but space wise, it is not practical. Do you line the bottom of the drawers with wax paper?

What do you display your votives in at craft shows?

Do you think since they will be sealed, I could put different scents together? Oh, how long do you keep you stock before rotating them? What temperature do you keep shop?

Thanks,

Tilly

I second the storing in the large jars, and if you run out of room then shrink wrap them. I try to shrink wrap most of mine now, as my shelves have become full of jars. It is just easier to keep that way and then I put them in a large basket for customers to go through. I also store most of my tarts in the large jars. Keep scents separated definitely.

lets see, here goes... lol

on the bottom of the drawers you'll find a small triangle with a 5 inside of it. there is also a p-p under it... this is polypropalene... polyethalene, which is what a lot of the zip lock bags are will suck the scent out of the candle.

i dont mix the scents in the drawers... i have had some mixed together for a short period with no problem but usually i dont mix them...

i dont line the bottom of the drawers with anything... at the craft shows i just keep them in the drawers... i have 12 units and they stack together real well... i'll keep a couple of the drawers of the stronger scents open so people walking by can smell them. no one ever seemed to be too shy to open the drawers to sniff... my sign on top of the cases not only list my prices but also states that sniffs are free...

i work out of a spare room in my apartment so the temp is normally around 70... the only rotating i need to do is to take out the seasonal scents from time to time...

lets see, here goes... lol

on the bottom of the drawers you'll find a small triangle with a 5 inside of it. there is also a p-p under it... this is polypropalene... polyethalene, which is what a lot of the zip lock bags are will suck the scent out of the candle.

i dont mix the scents in the drawers... i have had some mixed together for a short period with no problem but usually i dont mix them...

i dont line the bottom of the drawers with anything... at the craft shows i just keep them in the drawers... i have 12 units and they stack together real well... i'll keep a couple of the drawers of the stronger scents open so people walking by can smell them. no one ever seemed to be too shy to open the drawers to sniff... my sign on top of the cases not only list my prices but also states that sniffs are free...

i work out of a spare room in my apartment so the temp is normally around 70... the only rotating i need to do is to take out the seasonal scents from time to time...

Thank you bunches!!!!

Very cool. I found the triangle with the 5.

I will go back to the "drawing board." I am putting tile in my shop at the moment ( I made a huge mess with the dyes so I decided to rip up carpet and tile the floor. I was using a paint canvas over the area.). I am planning to store the votives in separate containers. For lack of space, I am planning to use the Starlite 12x6 boxes. I can get those for a dollar each at the Dollar Tree. Thanks for all of the great advise.