Primitive rubber stamps?

I am needing some for my tea stained tags....anyone know where I can get these stampers? TIA

Just a thought but since you're going for the primitive look, you could design your own stamps using potatos. I just de ja vu'd on doing this as a kid when I saw your post. Of course, the potato is perishable, but it would be kind of fun to fool around with if you're like me and need instant gratification. :yay:

Just a thought but since you're going for the primitive look, you could design your own stamps using potatos. I just de ja vu'd on doing this as a kid when I saw your post. Of course, the potato is perishable, but it would be kind of fun to fool around with if you're like me and need instant gratification. :yay:

Im not that creative LOLLLLLLL:D Never heard of this designing! LOL

Okay spill the beans(or the potato) :laugh2: How do you make a stamp out of a potato?

lol I have seen this before.

you cut the potatoes in half....you would then carve what you want for design

then stamp on stamping pad and then stamp away. :D

pita if you ask me....lol expecially when you want something more than just a heart or a star...etc.

Dani

I have literally hundreds of stamps I'm going to be selling....with the tall wooden handles........I don't know what all is in there, quit scrapbooking a long time ago and they've been stored. What exactly are you looking for a stamp of and I'll see if I have it.

Im looking for anything primitve to stamp onto my tea stained tags...like the willow trees or crows...those sorta things. Let me know what you have if you decide to sell them. TIA

Okay spill the beans(or the potato) :laugh2: How do you make a stamp out of a potato?

You carve it up - kind of like whittling. Seriously, I remember doing this as a kid. Because of the tecture, you can get a really neat print. - try for instance, making a heart:

make a paper stencil of heart.

cut the top of a potato so you have a flat surface.

Using the paper stencil, trace it on the potato.

With a small paring knife, cut away the perimeter of the shape so the shape is about 1/2 inch over the rest of potato.

Voila, primitive stamp.

Of course, you've only got so long to use it before it rots, but it's way cool if you're wanting to get that sponge-pressed look.

Great fun for the kids in your life too.

lol I have seen this before.

you cut the potatoes in half....you would then carve what you want for design

then stamp on stamping pad and then stamp away. :D

pita if you ask me....lol expecially when you want something more than just a heart or a star...etc.

Dani

Very true, put the operative word in her request that had me respond was "primitive." It won't get more primitive than this:highfive:

Plus, it makes for great rainy day fun with the kids.