Where do you keep supplies?

traceyy

Wow, I am so glad everyone is in the same boat. My husband about 6 years ago, said this is enough!! get it out of the house, LOL... So I moved ino a store in town. So by the looks of it all of you are all most there!!. I did have a wonderful gal that worked with me that organized me. Not just my things. What I mean by that was changing my thinking. She helped me put things back when I was in a crafting frenzy!!.. That helped a lot. Second we went down to the habbitat for humanity and got counters and cabinets. The counters were wonderful because they had drawers and space. Then I put shelves above them. We put a six feet wall in the middle of the room and put the counters on each side. It took up a lot of room at first , but when everything got off the floors and up , it was huge now!! Wow changed my life. We hit every thift store for shelfs, cabinets, tubs for the store after that to finish the store. We found a librabry index holder for my labels. We took all my lace and ribbon on spools and put them on a dowl rod. then drilled the dowl rod into 2 - 2x4.on each end. So that I could see what I had and they where all availble to me when making baskets. I think keeping everything organzed all the time is the hardest. But possible I hear! LOL...

Monica

Mostly in the garage. Heat sensitive stuff is in the laundry room. BUT we just bought a shed so we can put most of the garage stuff in there and then we're going to build me a workshop in the garage. I can't wait

We built a 5 bedroom 3 story house a couple years ago. I have all my soaping "stuff" in the spare bedroom on the main floor (which you can hardley walk in). The 1 spare bedroom on the bottom floor holds extra supplies (which you can hardley walk in). The "use to be" family room downstairs that is 28x20 is my workroom. The pool table disappeared under a piece of plywood that makes a nice huge work table, and I have two walls that are solid shelving. My Piano is down there somewhere but I can't seem to find it...LOL My breakfast bar in the kitchen is usually cluttered with FO's and butters and oils because I make all my soap in the kitchen. Yea I have a huge mess going too....and I need to donate a month just to organizing..LOL I have a gas range that is suppose to be installed in my work room by the gas line.....but I first need to move out a bunch of other stuff so we can have it installed. If I would get that done I could move all my soaping stuff downstairs.....but I would have to find room for it all down there!