container vs actual volume

I am confused... Why do the container volumes say one thing, but the actual volume is different? 8 oz jj really hold 6 oz wax, 8 oz tins really hold 6 oz wax, 11 oz tumblers really hold 8 oz wax, and 8 oz roly poly really hold 9 oz wax. I don't get it? Do you claim the actual size of the jar or the actual volume of wax? It seems misleading to say it is an 8 oz jar, when it really is only 6 oz. Hope I explained myself. Please, any info would be greatly appreciated, I'm just confused. TIA :confused: :confused: :confused:

It's because the container is measured in fluid ounces, which is a volume measurement, and the wax is measured in regular ounces, which is weight.

Or... sorry, I'm confused at what you're saying... do you really mean that an 8 oz jar holds 6 fluid oz of wax, because you don't fill it all the way to the top?

Either way, I would claim the weight or volume of wax, not of the jar.

I always put how much volume of wax that fits into the container.

For candles, you should be putting the Net Wt. X (Xg) of the contents in the container.

For fluids, cosmetics, etc., you put the volume in X Fl. oz. (Xml).