any input ?

I am playing with new jars --playing because I think there discontinued. anywho.... its a rectangle jar 16oz. I know normally you measure the jar and when test burning you burn 1 hour per inch. How do you do that for rectangles?? Just wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Its been a long time since Ive got to play on the internet for candles... for those who remember I was prego. I had a happy healthy 9lb er girl :):D

Congratulations on your baby!

Just as with round containers, you decide how they should be designed. The one hour per inch guideline often happens to work out well, but it's not such a basic principle that you need to feel lost with a rectangular container. Just eyeball it and decide what might be reasonable burning instructions, judging maybe along the lines of similarly sized candles. Then gear your initial testing towards that and see how it works out.

I'm pretty sure the rectangle jars I have at home are 16 oz also. Going by those, I'd say offhand that maybe these could be "burn for 3 to 4 hours" candles and you could test for hangup with 3 hour burns. I don't use these containers routinely but I played around too and recall they double wicked pretty easily.

Thank you for the input. I love the look of the jars but like I said --- everywhere I had found them they are discountinued :(

either way somthing for me to play with instead of tackling big things I'd rather put off LOL.

I think Im gonna try my testing at 2 1/2 hours maybe 3 I dunno. thanks again for the post. :D

Try The Jar Store they are still selling the 10oz and 8 oz. I was trying to work work with Anchor Hocking and the rep told me today they are discontinuing them. The jars store stopped offering the 16oz because the weight of the jar was putting a strain on shipping costs. They are very heavy jars. I find them very easy to wick in fact compared to a square jar. CD's work very well in them.

Thank you so much Staicie. I am trying the 16oz cause thats the size I would like to carry (already have 8oz in different jar style). Anchor Hocking ----- just be warned... I have been waitting for a refund from them for over a year !!!!! The compnay filed bankrupcy and have been terrible with me !!! All my jars are from them so its frustrating. Anywho.... yah what a bummer the jar store quit carrying them.

I am test burning the 16 oz by dbl wicking with CD6, 8, 10s. If you dont mind sharing advice did wicking more towards the center or further out on the sides work best for you? I am completely new to dbl wicking. :undecided

I am the type of person to eyeball things. So I pictured the burn pool with that particular wickand figured how far out it would burn and then how close it would be for both burn pools to blend together. If that sounds understandable. I guess you could say I evenly centerd them equal distance apart from eachother and from the ends of the jar. It just happens to work that way. If you are using soy wax than you will probably have to wick up from that. I use a CD 12 just for the 12oz and it burns perfectly. So I would imagine a 14-16 might work. I have them opposing eachother with the V side on the inside so they will bend outward.

You probably deal a lot with AH being a florist! It took them forever just to email me the price list.