whipped topping

I've done this before, but it's been a while. I melted a little wax, added a little white color chip and scent and then let it cool. You have to keep whipping it with a spoon or small whisk while it cools. Then spread it on with a knife when it's nice and thick and easy to work with. HTH

I've done it a few times. I bought a plastic icing gun for £1.70 from Wilkos (UK). I whipped the icing with my old electric mixer until it was light and fluffy.

It dropped itself into the gun. I then iced a few dollops. I did an iced ring on grease proof paper, then when set, lifted it and placed it on the outside edge of a lemon meringue pie and just set it with a few drops of molten wax.

You have to work quick, but just remelt, rebeat and off you go :)

What's the point of corn starch?

This is all, so far, that I know about the cornstarch. I think that might be why I got the exact frothy milk look that I wanted.

Cornstarch is used in whipped shea and lotion bars made of oil and wax to facilitate an easier glide across the skin and to minimize the greasy feeling that can otherwise be left behind by oil/wax mixtures. It is a natural more healthy use than talc.