Want to try gel candles...???!

julie

Hi,

I currently make some regular candles & would love to try some gel ones. I have a ton of fos...mostly bakery scents because that's what everyone seems to like here! When I went to check a bunch to see if they are gel safe they of course are not. I absolutely CAN NOT use the fos I have? I hate the thought of having to buy all new & retesting in my regular wax cuz I won't be able to buy two of everything! Thanks,

Julie

if the fragrances do not test out as gel safe, then no, you should not use them, you would only be creating a safety hazard for your customers.

and i kno that testing can be a pain in the patoot, but it comes with the territories.

what you could do is as you use up your non gel safe bakery fo's, replace them with the gel safe ones. that way you can use them in both gel and wax. since you should test fo's even when you just change dealers, it should not be that big a problem down the road.

cheryl

if you check where you bought the FO's, they will tell you if they are not safe or have not been tested. If yours have not been tested then give em a whirl.... most FO's with a FP of 200 degrees can be tested in Gel unless otherwise stated. I have dabbled in the Gels, either making the fruit pies, or my wife likes to make small Fish bowls... Anyway... just my 2 cents :cheesy2: