trying the wood wicks!

Hi all, just got my wood wicks in today from wsp. I've got 2 burning already, I'm not very patient, lol. So far they are doing great, had a devil of a time getting them cut to the right length. The only thing I'm a little worried about is how hot the container is getting. I'm trying them in a 8oz square mason. Has anyone tried to trim the width of the wicks? Think I'll dig out my dremel tool & try that. So far I'm impressed, but would not even think of selling them without a wick tab to hold the wick. I had a candle with only 1 inch of wax left, so stuck a short wood wick into it. I want to see what it does when the wax is all melted. Bet it just falls over & goes out. Oh, & about the crackling, it is crackling, but you have to be close to the candle & not have the tv on! I'm sure this is a fad that will fade with time.

PamR

I've been playing with the WSP wood wicks lately too.. been using them in a 12oz metro, however... and the first one I did burned beautifully. The second one, however, is not faring so well... I honestly think it's due to the FO. I posted a thread about it a week or so ago, but got no replies.

And yep, the wick just falls into the wax when there's about 3/4 inch of wax left and extinguishes itself. I also only had a faint crackling of the wick.. but man, it puts off an awesome scent throw!

I'm using Ky125. Sure wish I had the tabs. One of mine burned for about 10 hours yesterday. This morning it was a *itch to light. Finally got it burning, but I don't think customers would have the patience to mess with it. I did cut one in half long ways & am burning it in an 8 oz jelly jar with no problems.

PamR

This morning it was a *itch to light. Finally got it burning, but I don't think customers would have the patience to mess with it.

PamR

Having some problems with that too. First one I played with was Caramel Corn FO, and it burned beautifully, no problems with lighting or anything. After that one was done, did one with Blueberry Muffin FO.. and it's not staying lit for anything... so, it's in turn tunnelling really badly, and it's just a nightmare. I've yet to test more than these two.. but I'm wondering if different FO's have a significant effect on the way it burns.