Silly Honey Question

Kimberly

Ok guys I am stepping into uncharted waters here ...well for me anyway. I want to do an OMH soap. I do one now but I just use FO with oats on top. My soaping bud told me how to add the milk, so I am good there.

When do you guys add the honey?

I am using PULVERIZED oats in my soap this time. I used my BULLET mixer for the first time and this thing is the Shiznit!

I have a few more min before my milk is cool enough....so someone PLEASE answer me...lol

THANKS!!

Few different ways of adding the honey. Since I use evap GM that I add at trace, I mix my honey with that and add it all at the same time. You could just as easily add the honey by itself at trace, but might wanna warm it up just a bit to make it more liquid-y. I haven't had any trouble incorporating honey at all so far. Seems to mix in really easy (knock on wood). Especially when using the Shiznit! LOL

I mix my honey with a little bit of my oils, warm it up a bit, then add in at light trace. I've never had a problem with honey doing anything wonky to my soaps. Yesterday I made a lavender and honey shampoo bar, I mixed the honey with a little jojoba, then added it at light trace. I'll take it out of the mold tomorrow, but so far it looks great!