Scent Throw: Soy vs Paraffin

I've never used soy in my life, so I'm curious about the claim that "it throws well in soy, so it's absolutely fantastic in paraffin!" Is this always the case? If an FO has only been tested in soy and has a great throw, will it also have a great throw in paraffin? Alot of the FO suppliers that test in soy have this statement in their scent descriptions (good in soy and therefore out of this world in paraffin) so I was wondering just how much truth there is to it. :undecided

TIA! :cheesy2:

I find it to be reasonably true, yes. Soy is pickier about which scents will throw. Paraffin is a lot more forgiving. LOL

I'm not saying ANY fo will throw in my paraffin blend, but the ones that throw in my soy will definitely do well in my paraffin candles. The reverse is NOT always true; some scents that do great in paraffin don't throw in soy. Some cinnamons are that way -- great in p, lousy in s.

Thanks AJ! The two sites I've been wanting to order from (JS and Snowtop) give rave reviews of their scents in soy, but not much mention of their ability in paraffin. Now I know it's worth giving them a try! Thanks again! :cheesy2: