MP Gardeners Soap

KristineG

Very pretty soaps, and I'm sure they will be a nice addition to gift baskets. I'm curious--what do you add to the m&p in order to call it gardener's soap? When I did a lot of bedding plants, my hands would get so dirty even when I wore gloves.

The powdered pumice is what does the trick. I used this recipe a few months ago and handed them out around my neighborhood. I'm in FL and we do most of our gardening/planting in the winter. Everyone loved them and said they worked great. I've been receiving orders for more of them. I don't do any gardening so the only testing I could do was stick my hands in the dirt and then wash with the soap. I found the recipe on the old board posted by Mary Jennet. According to her post: "These are ideal for anybody who loves gardening. The powdered pumice gets into all the nooks and crannies to remove the ground in soil stains, whilst the tea tree is a natural antibacterial and antiseptic amongst it’s other reputed qualities. The sweet almond moisturises and softens.