Do these two FO's have similar scent?

gmp

I have never smelled either of those but I have found some other scents from different companies with different names to sell alike.

I think I saw a thread on that very subject here at candletech. Do a search. It was a great subject!

Strudel & Spice from CandleScience is my absolute favorite FO! I have a bottle of Amish Harvest from Peaks was sent to me as a sample. Just a sniff from the bottle tells me that it's a wee bit muskier than Strudel & Spice. But used in wax, that might not be the case. I'm working with some samples this week so I'll do that one, too. Will come back here and post.

:D

Strudel & Spice from CandleScience is my absolute favorite FO! I have a bottle of Amish Harvest from Peaks was sent to me as a sample. Just a sniff from the bottle tells me that it's a wee bit muskier than Strudel & Spice. But used in wax, that might not be the case. I'm working with some samples this week so I'll do that one, too. Will come back here and post.

:D

Great! I'd love to see what you come up with...and Strudel and Spice is my favorite as well!

I figured I'd post a follow-up in case anyone was interested. I made both candles, and while they are similar, the amish harvest is definitely muskier, the strudel and spice is sweeter. But since I love Strudel and Spice so much it turns out that I don't really care for the amish harvest after all.

I just got around to testing Amish Harvest yesterday and let it cure over night. Yes...it's definately muskier than Strudel & Spice. I prefer CandleScience's Strudel & Spice. IMO, CS's a perfect dupe of Gold Canyon's "Strudel & Spice" candle. But it's amazing to me that no other FO supplier has tried to duplicate this scent.

:2cents:

I love the feedback. Thanks so much!

Can I ask a follow-up question? Do all of you who use this scent in candles find that you can get good scent throw with 6% or do you use more? My nose is not very trustworthy at this point, but I am finding that I may need to use more than 6% to get it to throw strong.