revisiting the primera lx400 & 800 printers

jrogers397

I haven't ordered mine yet but it is definately on my list of "I have to have". The person I order my custom labels from.......uses this label printer and the labels are wonderful! The other thing that wasn't mentioned in the other string.....I found a supplier for these labels that carries several different sizes so you don't have to order so many of one size from the Manufacturer.....I think they have a certain minimum on any they consider custom. And I think she (the person who had just bought one of these printers) said she had to buy a minimum of each of the sizes she wanted and her label order alone was over $400 through the manufacturer.

Can you list the supplier, are you considering the lx400 or 800 printer??

janis

I haven't ordered mine yet but it is definately on my list of "I have to have". The person I order my custom labels from.......uses this label printer and the labels are wonderful! The other thing that wasn't mentioned in the other string.....I found a supplier for these labels that carries several different sizes so you don't have to order so many of one size from the Manufacturer.....I think they have a certain minimum on any they consider custom. And I think she (the person who had just bought one of these printers) said she had to buy a minimum of each of the sizes she wanted and her label order alone was over $400 through the manufacturer.

Can you list the supplier, are you considering the lx400 or 800 printer??

janis

I'll dig it up for ya! I haven't decided which one but leaning towards the LX400 because it seems to accomodate all the sizes I need.....and is a $1000 cheaper. I need to do more research on them so I make sure and get the right one for me.....but I guess I can always upgrade down the road if I need to.

I was the one who bought the primera printer, LX400. I got it a couple weeks ago and just used it to do a custom order, last week I had for a sweet 16. It took awhile to get the print setting right to print on the size label I was using perfectly..we wasted quite a few labels BUT I saved the print setting for that size so next time it'll be no problem. I must say it printed beautifully! I will take a picture of the candle I made so you all can see..but first I have to charge my battery for my camera..lol. As far as the labels..that is where it got expensive for me. The sizes I needed from them were on there custom die list (ones they've made in the past but aren't their stock sizes so I didn't have to pay the plate charge). If you buy labels off their custom die list they make you buy a minimum of 4 rolls in each size you want and each roll is about $56, so I bought 2 sizes which ended up being $448 BUT if you order their stock sizes which they list on their website, they're really cheap, unfortunately for me, none of them would work for my jars.

yeah, if the labels she sells will work with the 400 that is what I would go with as well. I need to take the time and investigate this as well. I wonder if the gal from labels by the sheet could tell us.

Janis

Labels by the Sheet stocks a bunch of these labels in different sizes for the LX810 I think.....not sure if they work in the 400 model or not? I am still investigating that. She also sells the printer.

Labels by the sheet from what I see sells the labels, printer, cartridges for the same price as Primera does. There are other websites though that sell the stock labels cheaper but for the custom sizes I haven't found anyone who sells them other than the manufacturer.