M&P pics

EmpressC

This smells so strong!!! You can't tell from the pics, but this is a 2-lb loaf. Top layer is SFIC clear with violet mica (and 1 drop purple dye), bottom layer is SFIC GM. Both layers scented with Lavender EO.

The last pic is SFIC clear with a silver mica, scented Egyptian Musk. The mold is Eye of Horus milky way mold.

Thanx for looking. :D

post-4848-139458421709_thumb.jpg

post-4848-139458421715_thumb.jpg

post-4848-139458421719_thumb.jpg

What a pretty purple you have there, love that layered look.

I really like that eye of horus though, you said you used silver mica for that, did you add in any other colorant? It really looks gold to me. MMM Egyptian Musk sounds like a nice scent.

:thumbsup:

What a pretty purple you have there, love that layered look.

I really like that eye of horus though, you said you used silver mica for that, did you add in any other colorant? It really looks gold to me. MMM Egyptian Musk sounds like a nice scent.

:thumbsup:

I didn't use any colorant and I should clarify. I got the mica from Peak's and actually it is called "Sparkle." But to me it is silvery-looking. I expected the soap to have a silvery finish (which isn't what I wanted, but I didn't have a gold mica so...).

It ended up not doing anything to the soap except providing a nice shimmery/pearlized quality. The base is clear but it has a yellowish tint to it. So I ended up with the pearlized, yellow/gold look. I was pleasantly surprised. :D

As for the scent, I'm not a fan of it. But I don't know if it's that particular version that I don't like or if it's just the scent in general. I got it because a friend of mine (several, actually) love this scent so I figured it might be good to try. I can't stand it, and wouldn't you know it, it permeated my house. <Gag!>

I plan to try several versions and then let my friend who loves the stuff inform me which version is best. That's the one I'll go with.