Does this burn look OK for a hreat pillar?

KJohnson

Sabrina, it is hard for me to see how close the melt pool is at the indentation of the heart. I would burn i a couple more times and see what happens. That actually looks pretty good to me, but it is difficult to see.

so you thin kI sould just move the wick towards the point a tad?

I think you & Sabrina are right. This pic shows the pool much better. A bigger wick would probably cause a blow out to the thinner walls. Looks like you've got a keeper. :highfive:

Hearts are hard to wick....unfortunately the melt pool is round and not in the shape of a heart (smile)....I have had customers be disappointed with square candles because they don't melt all of the way to the edges. I have to explain that the melt pool is round.....NOT SQUARE......same goes with hearts. Just straighten the wick so it is a little more centered and I think it will be fine. That is just the way a heart burns.....sometimes I burn them down a little and put in a tea light. I like your candle. Donita Louise

thank you everyone for yout input. I have been burning this heart pillar alot. I am on the 4th burn. and it has not had a blow out by the top of the heart. I thought it might. but now I am considering making these as forever candles instead...but first I have to find good instructions on forever candles..anyone know of any?

Thanks

Kris

I use hurricane wax for mine and plastic tea lights. They work fine. You can get the silicone plugs from Janet (Creativegemsmolds).....here is a picture of one of my everlasting candles that I posted last year.....it can give you an idea of what mine look like. Good luck! Donita Louise

post-248-13945842181_thumb.jpg