Wal-Mart Glass Heart Containers

I was wondering this too because I picked up one of these to see how they may turn out. What about the large square jars from walmart. I am redecorationg and my husband just brought 6 of those home for me to make my soy in.

I was wondering this too because I picked up one of these to see how they may turn out. What about the large square jars from walmart. I am redecorationg and my husband just brought 6 of those home for me to make my soy in.

With regard to the hearts from walmart, I can't remember exactly how much (weight) I poured but I'm almost thinking it was 16oz. but I do know that when I poured, I filled right to the rim and shrinkage brought it just under the rim which is what I wanted. I used 3 LX-18 wicks. You can use the picture below to see the finished product as far as wax level. Do not use the picture below to determine positioning of the wicks. The top right wick was not positioned correctly. After a test burn, and on my next pours, I spread the wicks out just a little more and the second pour with wicks repositioned (evenly spaced) created a proper burn for the type of waxes that I use. Unfortunately, I didn't pursue these so I didn't take anymore pictures.

heart.jpg

i used a piece of cardboard under glass, traced, and then measured for proper spacing of wicks, used 3, i used 16 oz. of wax, had just a little left over for a votive, filled almost to top, had little to none shrinkage. not sure of wick size, but were zinc. on first test, wasnt sure on the mp, had little hang up, but next burn it all caught up and burnt really nice, entire candle was great, hth

th_100_1871.jpg