C3 wax

Testing out a new jar. 8 oz sq.mason (new for me anyway) and was wondering if anyone who uses C3 could give me a starting point for a wick. So far I've tried 60c, 62c, htp 105 & 126's and just not happy. Need a starting point for a CD or eco wick.tia, Cindy/WI

I use this exact same wax, with this jar at 7% FO load and most fragrances work with the HTP 105. You need to be patient with this combination. I test in 4hr increments and usually reach a full melt pool on the second or third burn. Trust me the sides with catch up once the candle burns down and the glass will be clean with no hang up. I find I get less mushrooming and smoking with this size wick if I just learn to be patient. FOs with heavy cinnamon or vanilla requires a HTP 126. I also twist my wicks and this allows for the HTPs to burn more even.

Well I can tell you that a square jar is hard to wick lol I started with C3 and have a 9oz square (not mason) and had no luck and tried all the CD's all the LX's ECO's, Paper, Zinc so I gave up for awhile lol

Sorry not much help but I do hope you get it

I am with you gdawg, I started out with this jar using C3. I went through so much wax tryin to figure it out I just set the jar to the side for awhile.

Cindy, I tried the HTP 105 also my 2nd or 3rd burn still had tons of hangup THICK. Even the 4th burn was awful. However that was before I got my scale too and I was measuring not weighing so that was probably my problem however I am just not ready to tackle that jar again real soon. I did get a sampler pack of cottons and premier 700 I need to try

Good luck Cindy I know how you feel girl. I tried LX, HTP, CD (up to 18, didnt have 20's) RRD, nothing worked for me, hope your luck is better than mine

A picture is worth a thousand words. This is wicked with an HTP 105.

Here is a pic I just took of one I have been burning recently. I lit this one about 2-2.5hrs ago and I believe this is its third time burning. I usually fill my jars with 7oz of wax so you don't see a huge gap between the lid, but not all the way to the brim. I add .5oz of FO so it equals out to 7%.

Dont give up hope with this jar and wax. :D

IMG_2230.jpg

Heres another one I have been burning. This one is also wicked with an HTP 105 and this is its second burn. I lit this one 2-2.5hrs ago as well. As you can see there is still a bit of hang up in the corner, but it will catch up on the third burn like the other one did.

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

Thanks everyone. Carrie your pictures look awesome. I do the same as you Carrie 7oz wax 7% FO so hopefully with my next round of testers my jars will look as good as yours. I know these can be wicked right b/c a lot of people use them so I'm not giving up hope on them just yet. Off to pour some more testers. Thanks!!Cindy/WI

The CDN wicks carried by JBN have given us excellent results on 8 oz. widemouth round jars. Start with a 12 and see if that works... you might need to go up to a 14, depending on your FO, etc. They sell a wick assortment that is very cost effective for testing purposes.:D

If you search the forums, there are more responses to your question. ;)

Here's the lowdown on the CDN wicks - scroll down to the correct table...

http://www.justbynature.com/wicks.html

We have been very satisfied with these. We had used hemp wicks before and they mushroomed like my yard after a week of rain! :tongue2: We did not want to try every brand/style of wicking out there (there are so many!), so we studied the descriptions of each one and decided to try the CDNs on both our soy and palm wax candles. We were pleasantly surprised that the CDN worked out well for both types of wax.:)