Help...before I take a hammer to this printer

MsDammit

Talk about aggrevation!! I know there is a simple solution for this but I seem to be dense today.:embarasse I have a new printer and I went to print out some vinyl labels and it prints blurry-like a big ol blobs of ink. Prints fine on regular paper, so I assume it's something to do with the settings? Has anyone had this happen also? It's a HP Deskjet 6980. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Make sure you are using ink-jet labels, then maybe try using the transparency settings?

The labels worked fine on my other printer (which was ink-jet) so I'm assuming they are the ink-jet labels. Is there a difference between ink-jet and desk-jet printers? I have tried the different settings for print quality, nothing worked- I thought fast draft might work (prints using least amount of ink) but nope still blurry.

Ouch! Did I just hear the slam of a hammer?

LOL-no, no, no cuz then I can't return it!! This printer seems to be more geared up for photo printing-which is useless for me, sometimes change is not good- I'm going back to my same ol' same ol' printer dammit.

Before you totally give up, I want to offer up one suggestion. This may not relate, I'm not sure if the DeskJet is an Ink Jet Printer, or a Laser. HP likes to use the word "Jet", which to me just confuses things. We have a Laser JET printer from them.

But I had the same issues, printing very blurry on my my labels, both the waterproof vinyl and the clear, but printed crystal clear on paper.

There were two things I had to do to "fix" this. One, I have to print on Transparency setting. And Two, the more important one for me, I had to feed the paper in through the outside port. It couldn't feed from the internal paper tray. There's something about the heat that builds up, I'm not exactly sure. I just know it works this way.

If there's something like that you can play around with, try it.

Also, if you got your labels from Onlinelables.com, and you can't get it to work. Save your labels, and they'll take them back and reimburse you. But you must send the labels back, even the ruined ones. Luckily I only ruined about 6 sheets before these tips were offered to me.

I hope you get it to work. I understand your frustration, as I did this a couple weeks ago.

Also, last tip from the guys at onlinelabels... If you talk to HP tech support, do NOT give them your information. If you do, and they learn you've put anything that is not an HP product in their printer (even just generic copy paper), they can and most likely will void your warranty. Easy way around this, never give them your info when you call. They don't need it when they talk to you, so don't give it to them. Your name and contact info will not fix your printer issues, and feel free to tell them that! LOL!

Ok dammit I got it to work!!!:yay: I just had to play around with the settings and put it on other specialty paper. Grr that online support lady threw me in panic mode for nothing, lol. Thanks for all the tips, they really did help!!