Packaging M&P soaps

Caroline

I posted this in the Soap board, and then realized I should probably have put it here. I am going to farmer's market for the first time this year, and trying to figure out my display look. For those of you who make and sell M&P soaps, do you wrap it or not? If you do wrap it, how? I am using the SFIC base, and have left it unwrapped in the sun for the past several days, and I really haven't seen a difference. I would love to sell it at Farmer's market unwrapped. Has anyone done this?

Caroline

i shrink-wrap mine, and you can still smell the fragrance through the wrap.

Leaving it unwrapped is an invitation to everyone to pick it up, sniff it, and leave their un-hygienic fingerprints all over the soap - and you NEVER know where their fingers have been. Fingerprints on M&P show up so much too that it will put people off.

After a while, it will dry out too as it looses moisture over time and also loses fragrance.

Hope this helps,

Nat

I saw a display picture on another board, where the lady had a wooden display for her soap, and had a sample of each bar to pick up and smell. All of the soap was unwrapped...it was not M&P though. I just loved the look of it. She had the descriptions of each soap at the end of each aisle of soap display. I thought it looked nice...I really need to decide what to do. Where do you all get your shrink wrap at? Is it hard to learn how to do it?

Caroline