Packaging M&P soaps

Caroline

I have a question for you all. For those of you who make and sell M&P soaps, do you wrap it or not? If you do wrap it, how? I am using the SFIC base, and have left it unwrapped in the sun for the past several days, and I really haven't seen a difference. I would love to sell it at Farmer's market unwrapped. Has anyone done this?

Caroline

I forgot to add that I've been doing a farmers market for the past 3 weeks and my soap is doing fine. I'm in FL and last week it was pretty hot. I do have an EZ-Up though so I'm under shade. They are not in direct sunlight. HTH

p.s. If you'd like me to test for you, I can leave a few unwrapped tomorrow and let you know the results.

I thought about those but down here, most of the Farmers Markets that I do are on or near the water. Also, the sun is so blazing hot down here and the reflection off the water is insane. I need the EZ-UP because I sometimes have to drop a side to keep the reflection and sunlight off the candles. Also, when participating in most which are held in the historical sections of certain towns, they require a white EZ-Up or white canopy. I guess they're trying to maintain a certain look. I still can't figure out why they're calling these particular ones Farmers Mkt. Anyway, I use Stephensons base but am willing to leave a few bars out unwrapped tomorrow to give you an idea. I think it'll be about 80 and sunny.

That would be awesome if you would leave a few unwrapped! I would really appreciate you testing it out for me! My market does not start until May, so I'm in the planning stage of how I'm going to wrap them.

What is a EZup? I'm trying to figure out what covering I'm going to have on over my table, and I assume this is a covering.

Thanks!

Caroline

That would be awesome if you would leave a few unwrapped! I would really appreciate you testing it out for me! My market does not start until May, so I'm in the planning stage of how I'm going to wrap them.

What is a EZup? I'm trying to figure out what covering I'm going to have on over my table, and I assume this is a covering.

Thanks!

Caroline[/quote

This is the one that I have. http://www.dickblick.com/zz529/33/

You can get them at Sam's club and BJ's.....about 220.00

Thanks!

Caroline

I just purchased an EZUp from our local Sam's Club. Under $200! I'm so happy to finally have a GOOD canopy to work with this year.

http://www.ez-up.com/

Tony

Just back from the Farmers Market. It didn't get that hot today...mid 70's, no humidity but I did leave a few bars of my MP unwrapped in the sun and no changes. The color, texture, firmness remained the same. However, the ones I had wrapped in stretch wrap developed a little condensation but they appear ok. HTH

Thanks so much for testing it out for me!

I take it from all of the replies that no one leaves their soap unwrapped. I just might be the odd duck and try. We will see. Any more input would be great! Thanks!

Caroline

I just checked the soaps since it's been 5 hrs now since I brought them inside. The ones that I left unwrapped are fine. They look and feel like they did when they came out of the mold. The ones that were wrapped in Sam's choice stretch wrap built up condensation throughout the day but I just unwrapped one and it is fine too. However, while I was set up at the market, I didn't like the look of the condensation with the wrapped ones so I'm now switching to boxes for some and the others, I will band with rice paper and tie with rafia. I'm doing away with the stretch wrap. HTH