Waterslide decal help

I'm having trouble with waterslide decals (both lazer and inkjet) peeling off my pillar candles (both paraffin and palm wax) after they are dry. It might be a day later or even longer but they are just not staying stuck. Any suggestions on how to ensure that they become permanent fixtures will be gratefully accepted. TIA.

If you aren't cleaning the pillar with some alcohol first, that could be your problem. I use a cotton ball and some alcohol to wipe the entire area I'm gonna put the decal on and usually have no problems with it sticking!! :cool2:

I will try to help a bit first is make sure your candle is very clean I usually wipe it down with alcohol. After I apply the decal I let it dry really well usually for at least 6 hours then I apply candle glaze or clear enamel. But the most important thing is you really need you candle to be clean and dry and as smooth as possible.

Thanks for the help. I haven't been cleaning my candles before applying the decal so will do that in future and hope that it helps. I read somewhere else about rubbing the decal down with methylated spirits after applying it and I've done that with some testers last night and it seems to be helping so I imagine that a combination of both has got to do the trick. Thanks again.