The Candlemaker's Store B&B Bases

Angel91805

How funny you may ask this . . . I just unpacked an order from them where as I had asked to get samples of the thick soy lotion before committing to buying a gallon. They sent me samples of the THICK soy lotion, a regular soy lotion as well as goat milk lotion. Me and my DIL were applying all three and all were great! Now I'm not sure which I want to further test in larger quantities :undecided I also got a whole gallon of their body mist. I will be testing that out yet today. :D

How funny you may ask this . . . I just unpacked an order from them where as I had asked to get samples of the thick soy lotion before committing to buying a gallon. They sent me samples of the THICK soy lotion, a regular soy lotion as well as goat milk lotion. Me and my DIL were applying all three and all were great! Now I'm not sure which I want to further test in larger quantities :undecided I also got a whole gallon of their body mist. I will be testing that out yet today. :D

So how's the Mist?

Rena,

Do you add anything to these bases, other than scent/color, or just use as-is?

Thanks!

Donna

We've added sweet almond oil and evening primrose oil, at times, after calling and talking to Steve about the ability of the bases to accept additives. I'm actually still experimenting with it, in regards to the different additives it will accept. Haven't had any problems, as of yet.

Rena

I sent them an email and asked and this was the response I got. I'm liking the sounds of these!! I did get the body splash too, but I haven't played with it yet.

"Hi Donna,

Yes, the bases are fine to use as-is. You CAN add things, if you wish, and

we have no specific recommendations. Some of our customers will add water, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojaba Oil, or many other items. You can add up to approximately 50%, by volume, before you need to add additional

preservatives.

Please let us know if we can help in any way."

If you add additional oils/butters, how would you list the ingredients?

For instance, if I start with 16 oz of base and add 4 oz of one oil and 2 oz of another oil........where would I put these two additional ingredients? I know the bases come with the ingredients listed but we don't know how much of each is used and proper placement for the two additional oils would be difficult.

I have all 3 of their lotion bases and they are all a little thick for my taste. I'd love to be able to add something to it, just not totally sure how to list my ingredients.

Also, this makes me wonder, if used as is.......are they overly preserved?

You know....I was thinking the same thing Dagwood and I have no idea. I'm hoping Rena will pop back in since she uses these.

Actually, I hadn't thought about the label so much as I was wondering about adding 50% and the preservatives not being affected. But, then again, I have one of the bases from Soaper's Workshop and that will hold more than 50% (can't find the sheet at the moment..maybe 120%?) before the preservative is affected....and then again, that is sold as a condensed base. :D

Donna

Not sure how much help I'll be at this point. Other than evening primrose or sweet almond oils, I'm still in the experimental stage with additives. At this moment, I have several jars sitting with different goodies and am constantly checking to see if there are any reactions. As for the labelling, I called and talked to Steve when I decided to add the oils, gave him the amounts I used and he suggested placement on my labels.

Rena