looking for candles holders

Carla257

I have been searching for candle holders wholesale for months now. I can not find anything that does not look cheap. And also when I do find something I need a tax Id. I heard I do not need a tax id unless i make 30,000 a year. Can someone clear this up for me. And also can anyone show me a site that I can get holders, tart melters, or electric ones. But I'm mostly looking for candle holders.

If you are collecting sales tax or looking to buy without paying sales tax (wholesale) you need a tax ID number. I've not found anything on line. I usually scour Big Lots, Old Time Pottery and other stores for close-out or clearanced candle holders.

The only place that comes to mind is Oddity....have you seen their stuff? I don't know how their prices compare to others, but I think they have some nice stuff.

I personally look at the dollar store and other discount places. Also, I have found some inexpensive ones at Pier One -- get coasters -- they fit the 3" pillars perfectly :)

Old Time Pottery is an excellent source for supplies like candle holders. I've seen some of the same stuff in their store that I can order direct from vendors or distributors, only their's is below my wholesale cost! My O.T.P. has merchandise for Our America that is selling below wholesale, and there were other small items without brand names attached that I recognized from a New Creative catalog that was substantially below wholesale.

Another source to look for cheap candle holders is Big Lots. Sometimes you can also find great deals at Ross stores. I've found some good prices at AJ Wright as well.

As far as the tax ID goes, if you expect to buy wholesale from legitimate companies, you've GOT to have one, regardless of how much money you make. I question the validity of not needing a tax ID unless you make $30,000. I would check with your state's revenue department about legal requirements they have.

If your operations are small scale at this point it probably isn't worth worrying about paying tax on merchandise. Go ahead and pay it. Once you get the tax ID everything is traceable, and you will have to report your sales and collect tax and the state will be eagerly waiting for their share.