Bakery Candles, is there such a colour....?

as pastry and cake colour?

I managed to get a brown today from my red blue and yellow, however, I couldn't get it milky enough for my hot choc, or light enough for pastry and cake colour.

I want to make pastry, cakes and muffins. Do you have to buy that particular colour? Can you buy that colour lol.

I tried lightening with more white wax and yellow, but it got to a yorkshire pud colouring, more like medium coloured toffee

From my experiments, I don't use more yellow, that will turn the batch towards a washed out orangey brown.

If you want only a 'little' brown, then don't use as much of all three.

When I said that I used equal parts, say 1/2 tsp each, instead of using color, use only 1/4th tsp each. The white wax is only colored so much then. Try less color overall and then only smidge in different colors! :)

I use alot of vanilla color plus a golden honey that makes a good pastry color with a smidge of white as far as getting a good chocolate color I use a tiny scrape of black in with the ususal browns and it gives me a nice deep fudgy brown color. ( mostly dye chips but also use liquid dyes too)

How about ivory? Color sure depends on what you are making if you want it close to the real thing. Like blueberry muffins are not blue, which I have seen done, disgusting, LMAO.

LOL I use blue for my Blueberry Cobbler and I hate the color. But....it's one of my best sellers so it stays. To answer the original question, try brown lightened with Ivory to get the milk chocolate color. I use the color chips also and I am happy with the color I got for my milk chocolate.

I use Ivory for cake stuff and for like Pie Crust, Fresh Baked Bread and lighter bakery stuff I just use one drop of liquid brown per lb. of wax. Comes out real well.

Thanks for this. I was planning on doing some coconut cream pie candles on Friday and was putting if off, lol, until I could decide how to make the crust the color I wanted. This sounds reasonable.

I make pie candles all the time i just use a small amount of ivory color block. For the hot cocoa that you had a problem with i acually have a color block called chocolate brown. I'd have to check the shop to see where i got it. Hope this helps:)