Votive problems using Ecosoya PB

Hi everyone. I am currently having serious issues with my votives. I use Ecosoya PB as this is the only soy wax available here in the UK. It's supposed to be a one pour wax but when I pour at 155F, which NGI recommend, I get bubbles which I'm not supposed to get. If I pour hotter at 170-175F I get sink holes and need to do a second repour. Even then I still get some cracks.

I have no problems using the PB with my tarts, just with the blasted votives.

Can anyone make any suggestions other than swapping soy waxes as this is a luxury we don't have.

Ruby

Ruby I pour mine at 95-100F, repour when they've set up enough, let them set up again & blast them with my heat gun if needed, even at the temp I pour I don't often get bubbles, & the heat gun smooths the tops beautifully.

Now I'm wondering if my thermometer is registering the right temp.

Sally.

I still have to do 2 pours on mine but I started using Soy Lite additive and it has GREATLY improved the apperance of my votives. I also pour around 140, I couldn't avoid bubbles if I poor too cool. I usually do a first pour, poke relief holes after 15 minutes, do a final pour 20 minutes after that and then zap with a heat gun. I have had success using the additive at 1% and I just finished a small batch at 3% but I still have to do some test burns. I will try to post some pics later on tonight.

• 2 weeks later...