Adding Soy To Soap???

HeavenScentU

CB - what differences did you notice in your soap with adding soy wax?

Well the soap I made was more cleansing on my skin than my usual bars, but it was not at all my usual recipe so I can't say it was due to the soy. I plan to incorporate it into one of my basic recipes when I figure out what the SAP is (I can't remember, don't know where I wrote it down, and can only find a KOH one).

Well the soap I made was more cleansing on my skin than my usual bars, but it was not at all my usual recipe so I can't say it was due to the soy. I plan to incorporate it into one of my basic recipes when I figure out what the SAP is (I can't remember where I wrote it down, and can only find a KOH one).

I have posted this before (and I think you are talking about the recipe I sent you?) but my son swears by my soy wax soap for cleaning his hands when he comes in from working on his cars. And it isn't drying to his skin either, pretty moisturizing. I make all my soy wax soap with soy milk for the liquid also. It makes a very nice soap.

I generally make old lady soap that isn't very cleansing at all. Nothing wrong with your soap - my sister loves the batch I made with your recipe and uses it in the shower. I was just saying it's somewhat more cleansing than my normal recipe but I can't tell if it's a difference due specifically to the soy wax or not.

I've also shared a few bars of that batch with others and have been asked for more, so I know it's a good recipe.

I generally make old lady soap that isn't very cleansing at all. Nothing wrong with your soap - my sister loves the batch I made with your recipe and uses it in the shower. I was just saying it's somewhat more cleansing than my normal recipe but I can't tell if it's a difference due specifically to the soy wax or not.

I've also shared a few bars of that batch with others and have been asked for more, so I know it's a good recipe.

Oh I didn't think you were saying anything bad! I was just adding what they think of it around here. Sorry if you thought I was! :cheesy2:

Kymber, When are you adding your soy milk?? I have seen the soymilk everywhere and want to try it, but am afraid it might curdle.

I use soy milk for all my liquid in my recipe. I freeze it to a frozen slushy stage before adding the lye. It is similar to other milks and will curdle and turn a burnt orange (and stink) if the lye overheats it. So I just always freeze it to major slushy almost frozen solid.