Excellent place for equipment

Hi, I am a new person to candle making techniques and would love any "mother hen" advice that I can get. This started out as my husband thought that I needed a hobby and bought me a candle maker for Christmas and it has taken off from there (I think he may now be sorry for his suggestion). I was looking for a place to buy equipment but not have to pay a whole lot for it. I found Harbor Freight (known around here as the Male version of Walmart) to be an excellent source for a heat gun ( $9.99), GOOP (helps to wash your hands and takes off wax very very easy), 264 piece Dremil tool set ($24.00) Dremil tool for under $12.00 and a wonderful work bench with a back splash/peg board and large flat counter top with 2 drawers under it with a potential to install shelfs under also for $99.00. Also you can find very cheap shop towels and tarps to put on your floor if you drop a lot of things like me. I also found that the cup cake holders (the white square plastic with the handle snap cover on top) from Walmart is an excellent way to store you votives and transport them to craft shows. :yay:

I am having trouble finding frosted jars? Who do you recommend?

Hi, I am a new person to candle making techniques and would love any "mother hen" advice that I can get. This started out as my husband thought that I needed a hobby and bought me a candle maker for Christmas and it has taken off from there (I think he may now be sorry for his suggestion). I was looking for a place to buy equipment but not have to pay a whole lot for it. I found Harbor Freight (known around here as the Male version of Walmart) to be an excellent source for a heat gun ( $9.99), GOOP (helps to wash your hands and takes off wax very very easy), 264 piece Dremil tool set ($24.00) Dremil tool for under $12.00 and a wonderful work bench with a back splash/peg board and large flat counter top with 2 drawers under it with a potential to install shelfs under also for $99.00. Also you can find very cheap shop towels and tarps to put on your floor if you drop a lot of things like me. I also found that the cup cake holders (the white square plastic with the handle snap cover on top) from Walmart is an excellent way to store you votives and transport them to craft shows. :yay:

I am having trouble finding frosted jars? Who do you recommend?

I've got a Harbor Freight in town. Gotta go get me a heat gun!

Frosted jars, you can find at www.thejarstore.com.

I recently visited the Dollar tree and bought 25 6 quart storage container for the chips for my chunk candles at $1.00 each. Also, the flat teflon coated cookie sheets great for making chunks for a $1.00 each. They clean off very easy. It is a great place to get things that you use a lot of like paper towels, glue sticks, cheap glue guns metal spatulas. We have just started our business, 2 RN's and a stay at home mom. Right now we are researching our competition in the area. We currently work out of a shop in my house. If you guys have any suggestions that would help economic or any other please feel free to chime in. Thanks for your support. I can save lives but saving candles is another story.