Presto Pot

Has anyone ever had their Presto Pot spigot clog? I've been making candles all day, thought I was done, turned it off, and the wax cooled. I decided to do one more batch, and when I went to pour it out via the spigot, it was clogged. Any ideas on how to unclog it???

Thanks!

I've had that happen when I've decided to do another batch. My wax only needed a little bit of heat, but it wasn't enough heat to clear the spigot. Once you turn the heat up for a couple of minutes, there is no problem.

I turned the heat up to 200, which I usually heat my wax to, it was completely melted, and it still was clogged. I tried the heat gun, shot it right into the opening of the spigot, still nothing! I finally got frustrated and dipped the wax out with a ladle. I guess I'm spoiled by using the spigot.

I turned the heat up to 200, which I usually heat my wax to, it was completely melted, and it still was clogged. I tried the heat gun, shot it right into the opening of the spigot, still nothing! I finally got frustrated and dipped the wax out with a ladle. I guess I'm spoiled by using the spigot.

What kind of spigot did you use? It sounds like you may have a defective spigot. It should have cleared up after heating the pot back to that temp. If you made your pot like the instructions on the candletech website, you can unscrew the old spigot and replace it.

Also check and see if there isn't a big piece of crud blocking the hole in the pot itself.

HTH! geek