Dessert frosting for bakery candles

I started out using an electric hand mixer (got mine at a flea market/thrift store), then I bought a small wisk from Walmart, now I simply use a fork.

As the hot wax starts to cool, a white film begins to form ... just take a fork and start to mix like you would with scrambled eggs. Keep this up and you'll get wax that looks like frosting. At this point, you'll want to work fast to ice your candle (I use the same fork to do this). If your wax gets too hard, heat the wax again (I use a heat gun) and re-mix.

What does the cornstarch do?

It fluffs it up just right! I used a whisk because I was doing a Cappuccino candle and didn't want it to be too fluffy, but just a whipped milk look. Very nice! They turned out perfect and didn't sink.

I will post pictures when my daughter gets them done. She's the computer whiz.

At Christmas I make a lot of Hot Chocolate mugs. I let my wax cool some in the pouring pot then then add FO. I then pour it into a large ziplock bag. After it gets to the consistency of frosting, I snip off a corner and pipe the wax on the top. Works great!

• 2 weeks later...
Is it safe to use cornstarch for candles? I am curious because wouldn't it give off a burnt smell when the candle was lit.

Sorry, I forgot about this question. The candle burned great, no bad smell or smoke. It worked fine. The milk part looked really frothy. I liked that. Looked exactly like it should.