Paypal reversals

shutterbugg

Paypal reversals are usually only allowed for items not received disputes. I have dealt with a few of those and had to provide a bunch of information in order to get them fixed. :confused:

Anyway, if you have stuff to get rid of please let me know I may take some of it. ;)

I didn't think Paypal did reversals that fast. You usually have to prove your case and the other person has to answer to whatever the complaint is. Did they give you a reason of WHY they reversed it? I am going to bet that they ran it and maybe the person didn't have the funds to pay it........and whatever CC they had on file was maxed. Kinda like they wrote you a bad check??

That happened to me one time. As far as I could tell Paypal reverses first, and asks questions later. All someone has to do is say they never got an item and poof your money is gone.

The person never contacted me to ask where their item was or anything. They went straight to Paypal. So that tells me either they are quite a scammer and know how to play the system, or else they have been ripped off before and won't take any chances now.

They don't have any burden or proof other than to make an accusation. Meanwhile, you have to scrounge up any receipts or tracking numbers you can find to offer proof. So, never send anything to a stranger without a tracking number.

Nope never heard anything from her. I did see that this was done on the 15th, and her last log in date was the 16th. So there was plenty of time to let me know what was going on. Everyone here knows that if something comes up as long as you talk to me i will work with you. All she had to do was say something to me. Hell i could have refunded the money and sold her oils if she needed the money that bad.

I am still thinking that when the instant transfer was presented to her bank for payment the funds were not there and so it bounced back to Paypal....they would have resubmitted and it probably bounced back again......so then it was charged back to you as a reversal? OR at that point they could of tried to charge it to her back up CC on her PayPal account and that maybe was denied also. Paypal usually does not do a reversal unless their is a complaint and usually then only after investigating........ But if the funds were not their then they would do an immediate reversal. I would definately give paypal a call and see what their explanation is.

this is my biggest gripe about PP. They did something similar to me ~ deducted a sale from my account that was like 6 months after the fact because the customer disputed the charge on her credit card because she didn't recognize the payee.

Ironically at the time there was actually money in the account because most of the time I keep it cleaned out. They definitely act first and ask questions later and I had to jumps through numerous "hoops" to their action reversed. I was assumed wrong until I proved I was right ~ very annoying!

Our regular merchant treated the same situation entirely differently ~ contacted us and requested info first, then reviewed the situation. PP took the money first and "held" it while they investigated.

The way paypal is now, with how much money they collect on reversals, seems to me that they encourage those reversals.

If they are constantly doing these w/out telling people, acting fast (which sounds like that is the only time they are speedy) and collecting the $25.00 that's a huge scam on paypal's side. I really hate using them.

Glad you got it worked out.:wink2:

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread was a few weeks ago, but I just had the same thing happen to me this morning. The money was all there, I was waiting on a shipping payment so that I can ship the items and now there is a reversal and a hold on the money. If it does go through again, I'm now afraid to ship it because what if I ship it and it gets reversed again, at least this time I haven't shipped the items yet. I have sent messages to this person, but no response, what should I do?